a big mug with saucer
꩜ what is it?
big* mug. and a little, yet mighty saucer. the mug is roomy and has a big comfortable handle, designed to fit human fingers comfortably.
the saucer can also serve as a mug lid. overmug. mugtop. covermug. you get it, it is mighty. it fits on top of the mug and it fits under the bottom. it can fulfil a range of duties. it can hold a snack. a spoon. a tea bag. a cookie. a little piece of cake. a pastel de nata. a few spoons of jam and butter. or a mug.
the mug is made for those big days that require a big drink. or for big people who prefer big mugs. or for little people who prefer big mugs. who am I to judge?
*big is a subjective classification. please look at measurements to see if it can be classified as big in your system of references.
꩜ what size?
- diameter: ~ 8.5 cm / 3.3 in
- height: ~ 9.5 cm / 3.8 in
- volume: ~ 400 ml / 13 fl oz
- diameter: ~ 10 cm
- height: ~ 2 cm
- volume: ~ 80 ml
- diameter: ~ 2.8 in
- height: ~ 2.2 in
- volume: ~ 5-6 fl oz
- diameter: ~ 4 in
- height: ~ 0.8 in
- volume: ~ 2.5 fl oz
꩜ how is it made?
- black stoneware clay, non-commercial glaze, one of a kind, all that jazz.
- every piece is special and unique, a sort of ceramic snowflake.
- the glaze has glossy surface with a combination of blues, greens and yellows on the inside.
- each piece is hand thrown at the wheel, trimmed, dried, bisque fired, glazed and fired again to around 1222°C.
- this is a stoneware piece, so it is quite robust, which means you can put it into a microwave and a dishwasher. it should survive, but may become dimstressed over time. I always hope that you respect the piece enough to give it a hand bath. I do.
- as all pieces are handmade they may have flaws or imperfections in the shape or glazing detail. this is what makes them unique and different from factory made tableware. please bear that in mind.
꩜ why is it made?
I believe in turning mud into mood. I make special pieces with respect for materials and love for the craft. they are more than ceramic objects, they are moodsetters.
- every drink deserves a special cup.
- every meal deserves a special bowl.
- every plant deserves a special pot.
- every eye deserves the aesthetic pleasure.
- every hand deserves the kinaesthetic pleasure.
- every person deserves a special little thing. or two.
- every little thing matters.
꩜ where is it made?
all pieces are made by dimi in berlin, germany in 2021.
꩜ how is it sent?
- I do my best to pack well using eco-friendly and recyclable materials wherever possible.
- dimudji is a one human band, so I might need a day or two to post.
- the packaging is beautiful whether you buy it for yourself, or as a gift. it will be a joy to open.
- if the piece is damaged in transit, please send me a photo and we will find a solution (refund or replacement).
- there will be a tracking number.
- international postage cost makes my eyes bleed. if you are getting more than one item I will do my best to combine postage and refund any shipping overcharge. if you want to know in advance, please reach out to me and I’ll send you a quote.
- returns are possible within 14 days after delivery, but you would have to bear the costs of return postage. dimi needs to be tough on this.
꩜ can it be personalised?
- it might be possible to customise pieces.
- if you have an idea of a project, do reach out and we can discuss it.
꩜ behind the scenes?
- I share my process, thoughts, doubts and some personal stuff on instagram @dimudji